|Added by||Industrial Craft 2|
Wind Mills are types of generators that utilize the energy of the wind to produce EU. They are the most unstable and unpredictable type of generators, depending greatly upon both placement and pure luck.
The Wind Mill will charge the battery or output power at a rate of 0-4 EU/t, depending on the altitude of the Wind Mill.
|Output||0-4 EU/t (varying)|
- For each obstructing block, a Wind Mill's effective height lowers by 1.
- A Wind Mill treats non-block items like torches and Redstone wires as obstructions too.
- A Wind Mill doesn't treat the roof of the world as an obstruction.
- Wind Mills produce 50% extra EU/t in a thunderstorm, and 20% when it's raining but not in a thunderstorm.
- If a wind mill produces more than 5 EU/t, it has a chance of breaking. If a wind mill's effective height is no more than 80, it cannot break.
- Wind mills are most effective at the height of 160 in the End
- The most effective height of a windmill without high chance of breaking even during a storm seems to be between layers 90-95, while observing obstructions above. A windmill placed in this range seems to produce roughly 1-2 EU/t on a clear day.
A Wind Mill placed at layer 126, with no obstructions (apart from the 2 cable blocks under the wind mill) will produce roughly 31000 EU (250 * 124) a day or 1.3 EU/t overall.
A Wind Mill placed near bedrock (layer 10) with no obstructions (not including the cable again) will produce roughly 2000 EU (250 * 8) a day or 0.1 EU/t overall.