The Red Matter Omni-tools both have 4 charge levels, increasing Tool left click speed by a factor of its charge and increasing the effectiveness of all tool abilities (damage, AoE and speed) by a factor.
- Left click while targeting a sheep or mooshroom - shears the animal, and has a small chance of cloning the animal.
- Right click over Tree - it will chop trees and leaves in the area of the Player.
- Right click over Leaves - it will shear all leaves (but not wood!) in the area of the Player. Drops Leaves, which may be a loss, EMC-wise, compared to chopping the tree.
- Right click on Grass - it will till the dirt in an Area of Effect.
- [Release Charge] on an entity - Area of Effect death swing. In the Nether, this function will kill all zombie pigmen in a spawn "pod" regardless of the distance individual pigmen are from each other.
- Pressing the [Change Mode] button will change the mode of the death swing between Slay-All and Slay-Agro.
When the Red Katar is used as a sword it deals 23 (11.5 hearts) health points of damage, making it more powerful than the Nano Saber.
There is a glitch however, when you right click on a block that does not have any ability, other players in SMP will see it as blocking until you switch it out.
This is a shapeless recipe, so the items can be in any order or configuration.
614,400 (Red Matter Shears) + 1,220,608 (Red Matter Sword) + 1,974,272 (Red Matter Axe) + 1,368,064 (Red Matter Hoe) + 2,334,720 (Red Matter) = 7,512,064 EMC