Note: it has been reported on some multiplayer servers that opening the pipe's GUI can cause the server and/or game to crash.
Factors Of Teleporting
There are three main factors that affect the destination of a teleporting pipe. These are
- Frequency (It must have the same frequency to receive or send to one another)
- Teleport pipe setting: (It must be on "Can Receive: true" if you want it to be a receival pipe)
Types of Teleporting Pipes
Power teleport pipe
- used to transfer power from an area such as a power grid to another piece of machinery e.g quarry or another power grid. Power Teleport pipes must be connected to an Energy Link using a Wooden Conductive Pipe as an adapter if going to machinery; to connect to a power grid (EU) on the other side an Engine generator must be used to transform the mechanical energy back to EU. Sometimes it doesn't always work... its a little buggy
Item teleport pipe
- used to teleport items from one area to another. Especially good for sending from multiple farms or production areas to a single receival pipe in a storage room.
Also, Ender Chests don't have the bugginess that Transport Pipes do.
Furthermore, Ender Chests can transport items interdimentionally, an ability that all transport pipes, teleport pipes, distribution transport pipes, and advanced wooden transport pipes do not have.
Waterproof Teleport Pipe:
Power Teleport Pipe:
Distribution Transport Pipe
This pipe will evenly distribute the items sent to it to every possible output.
Advanced Wooden Transport Pipe
Using the GUI for this pipe you can set it to only take out certain items, or to leave only certain items in the inventory it is pulling from.
Advanced Insertion Pipe
- Main article: Advanced Insertion Pipe
When this pipe is connected to a chest (and the chest can accept items), the item will be shot into it faster than light. It does this to prevent items from popping out when 2 items try to fill a chests 1 open slot. When used with machines, it will not attempt to input into an already full slot.
Redstone Pipe These pipes emit a redstone pulse whenever an item passes through them. If the next pipe the item passes through is gold, the pulse will power the gold pipe long enough for the item to get the speed boost.
Waterproof Redstone Pipe
<youtube width=222 height=142>eiuUoCZEpY4</youtube>
- When you are on a server, if you open the GUI while wearing a BatPack, Electric Jetpack , or LapPack that is not fully charged will crash the game.
- Opening the GUI whilst having the Swiftwolf's Rending Gale on the quick selection bar will crash the game.
- Quantum Armor will also crash the client on SMP upon opening the GUI.
- Entering the Nether in singleplayer may cause your teleport pipes to disappear.
- Occasionally, after a while of use, a teleport pipe will cease to send items to linked pipes, instead it will store some in its buffer and then 'regurgitate' that back into the pipe it came from. The only fix is to destroy the pipe and replace it (and re-do the frequency settings).